We did look at the design for our new intake air scoop.
We had been using two 1 x 5 NACA ducts but they didn't seem to supply enough air. So we are going with a design that several of the fast streamliners are using. Hopefully, this will be enough air.
The scoop has been designed in 3d, and rib profiles, every ¼ inch have been created. Now all we have to do is fasten them all together, plaster the assembly, sand to shape. Fiberglass to make a mold, sand the mold, fiberglass to make two halves, join the halves, and attach the scoop to the car. No problem...
But here's the news many of you have been
waiting for, THE CAR HAS BEEN PAINTED!! At least with a primer coat. Last
Sunday, Alan and I built a Painting booth In Mark's side yard. We used
our Bonneville sun shade, lined with plastic, and filled with filtered
air. Then we brought the car inside, along with all the covers, etc, and
we sprayed two coats of primer. The first was a metal primer to get a good
stick to the exposed metal areas, and the second was a self-curing, epoxy
primer. We ran out before we could apply a few more coats, so we'll have
to pick up some more epoxy primer.
Sorry, no pictures of the primer yet, the film's still in the camera.
to Rice/Vigeant Car #9999 Update Page